Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A container in which substances are treated with heat, enzymes, or a solvent in order to promote decomposition or extract essential components.
- ‘Two digesters will then produce methane to power engines to make electricity.’
- ‘The waste will be run through a methane digester, a tank in which bacteria break down the feces to create methane.’
- ‘The wood chips are placed in the digester and are cooked in a highly corrosive alkaline solution.’
- ‘The digester gas is often burned to heat the digester.’
- ‘The composting units would use household organic waste to create natural fertiliser and the anaerobic digesters would produce methane gas which could be used to generate electricity and create home heating.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.