Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A range of relatively inexpensive ready-to-wear garments produced for the mass market by a fashion designer.
- ‘Quite simply, if it wasn't for his influence those major labels' sport diffusion lines and brands like this wouldn't exist as they are today.’
- ‘The council said sales of British designer wear had increased in the past few years, in part due to the major high street clothing chains developing their own designer diffusion ranges.’
- ‘I have been spending a lot of time on the diffusion line.’
- ‘The early ones are the diffusion line to the haute couture of commemoration, and like the colleges they are held in are smaller and cheaper.’
- ‘‘But it is different as this is the couture label and not the diffusion line that was displayed during the LIFW,’ says the designer.’
- ‘With the diffusion range, also stocked there, the commercial connection is obvious.’
- ‘It's going to be a diffusion line with embellishments.’
- ‘But he has a ready answer: ‘This is more of a diffusion line, not really a pret line.’’
- ‘After years of showcasing diffusion lines for men, it is now turning the limelight on the fairer sex with an evening wear collection to be launched this Friday at in New Delhi.’
- ‘They are one of the major supporters of London Fashion Week, sponsoring catwalk shows by seven new generation designers and virtually every big name show also produces a diffusion line for a high street retailer.’
- ‘A diffusion line is a means whereby a fashion designer can expand the market for garments of his design.’
- ‘I have designed a diffusion line which is basically a mix between my couture and pret line.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.