Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to intermingle by diffusion.‘diffusible factors in the cytoplasm’
- ‘Thus, for example, it seems impossible for nerve terminals to store a significant amount of an unstable and highly diffusible gas like nitric oxide: it must be synthesized on demand and diffuse instantly into the synaptic space.’
- ‘By filtering the entry of cytosolic contents into each bead with the prehydrated dialysis membranes, only diffusible molecules below a certain size are permitted to enter the bead.’
- ‘In most cases the model assumes that the activated molecule is diffusible, and the washout occurs whenever the rate of diffusion exceeds rate of formation of the molecule.’
- ‘Recent studies have investigated the source and target neurons for the diffusible neuronal messenger molecule nitric oxide in the nervous system of the locust.’
- ‘Namely, the inactivator molecule has to be diffusible in its active state.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.