One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Superimposing such a diffractive structure on an aspheric surface yields an achromatic singlet whose spherical and chromatic aberrations are corrected.’
- ‘The large, open aperture of the exposed gain media provides plenty of room to multiplex pump beams as well as very low diffractive loss for the circulating laser mode.’
- ‘Other potential avenues for lightweight optical assemblies involve diffractive elements and/or alternative materials.’
- ‘The general wavefront coding element is nonrotationally symmetric and smooth, although diffractive surfaces can be used.’
- ‘Vortex launch with diffractive optical elements reduces back reflection into the laser source and improves the bandwidth over multimode fiber links.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.