An equation involving derivatives of a function or functions.
- ‘He summed series, and discovered addition theorems for trigonometric and hyperbolic functions using the differential equations they satisfy.’
- ‘He then wrote on algebraic functions, differential equations and complex analysis.’
- ‘What is also fascinating is that the different types of solution of the quadratic equation lead to quite different solutions of the differential equation.’
- ‘Many of these mathematicians turned to other topics such as topology, differential equations, and functions of a complex variable.’
- ‘We can make this description more mathematical by formulating a differential equation for the proportion of individuals in each class (the equations are shown at the end of the article).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.