One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An equation involving derivatives of a function or functions.
- ‘We can make this description more mathematical by formulating a differential equation for the proportion of individuals in each class (the equations are shown at the end of the article).’
- ‘He summed series, and discovered addition theorems for trigonometric and hyperbolic functions using the differential equations they satisfy.’
- ‘He then wrote on algebraic functions, differential equations and complex analysis.’
- ‘Many of these mathematicians turned to other topics such as topology, differential equations, and functions of a complex variable.’
- ‘What is also fascinating is that the different types of solution of the quadratic equation lead to quite different solutions of the differential equation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.