Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Concerned with diet and nutrition.‘experienced dietetic advice’
- ‘While training as a registered dietitian, she readily took initiative in the program and dietetic community.’
- ‘Earlier I mentioned dietitians from the past who have helped shape the dietetic profession.’
- ‘This will increase awareness and access to the research of the Canadian nutrition and dietetic community.’
- ‘Egg and milk are the commonest allergens and should be considered if severe eczema persists despite adequate treatment, in which case dietetic advice should be sought.’
- ‘While dietetic practitioners are in the best position to ask research questions relevant to practice, clinical dietitians have been reluctant to become involved in research.’
- ‘This October she looks forward to starting her dietetic internship at Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre.’
- ‘The first step is to obtain a detailed medical and nutritional history, including use of dietetic food products.’
- ‘Many dietitians have promoted dietetic research for decades to get it on the agenda of health care facilities.’
- ‘As dietitians primarily employed in long-term care, our common experience was that our traditional teaching hospital dietetic internships had not prepared us for work in continuing care facilities.’
- ‘During her 11-year tenure, she conducted a very successful training program for dietetic interns.’
- ‘Practice within the work setting aims to reduce gaps in effective clinical dietetic care.’
- ‘Sure, some medical and dietetic organizations claim that high dietary protein intakes are not only wasteful, but also potentially harmful.’
- ‘We need imaginative and inventive dietitians to nourish dietetic practice, to move it forward.’
- ‘His library was stuffed with medical texts that pledged to cure disease and to extend life if only you would submit to the dietetic and therapeutic disciplines of medical expertise.’
- ‘The dietetics report included a discussion of limitations to effective dietetic practice.’
- ‘These waiting lists are for diagnostic procedures, treatments, and dietetic counselling, to name just a few.’
- ‘Having a solid education and firm grounding in the practice of foods and nutrition prepares you to do much more than traditional dietetic roles.’
- ‘We would also not ask dietetic interns to collate the data; rather we would try to recruit a graduate student with a background in statistics.’
- ‘It was a continuous learning experience that followed me from dietetic internship into dietitian practice.’
- ‘The accountability issue goes beyond the individual dietitian, and has an impact on the dietetic profession.’
Mid 16th century (as a noun in the sense ‘dietetics’): via Latin from Greek diaitētikos, from diaita a way of life.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.