Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Concerned with diet and nutrition.‘experienced dietetic advice’
- ‘This will increase awareness and access to the research of the Canadian nutrition and dietetic community.’
- ‘While dietetic practitioners are in the best position to ask research questions relevant to practice, clinical dietitians have been reluctant to become involved in research.’
- ‘Sure, some medical and dietetic organizations claim that high dietary protein intakes are not only wasteful, but also potentially harmful.’
- ‘His library was stuffed with medical texts that pledged to cure disease and to extend life if only you would submit to the dietetic and therapeutic disciplines of medical expertise.’
- ‘It was a continuous learning experience that followed me from dietetic internship into dietitian practice.’
- ‘We would also not ask dietetic interns to collate the data; rather we would try to recruit a graduate student with a background in statistics.’
- ‘Many dietitians have promoted dietetic research for decades to get it on the agenda of health care facilities.’
- ‘This October she looks forward to starting her dietetic internship at Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre.’
- ‘Having a solid education and firm grounding in the practice of foods and nutrition prepares you to do much more than traditional dietetic roles.’
- ‘As dietitians primarily employed in long-term care, our common experience was that our traditional teaching hospital dietetic internships had not prepared us for work in continuing care facilities.’
- ‘The dietetics report included a discussion of limitations to effective dietetic practice.’
- ‘Egg and milk are the commonest allergens and should be considered if severe eczema persists despite adequate treatment, in which case dietetic advice should be sought.’
- ‘The first step is to obtain a detailed medical and nutritional history, including use of dietetic food products.’
- ‘During her 11-year tenure, she conducted a very successful training program for dietetic interns.’
- ‘We need imaginative and inventive dietitians to nourish dietetic practice, to move it forward.’
- ‘Earlier I mentioned dietitians from the past who have helped shape the dietetic profession.’
- ‘While training as a registered dietitian, she readily took initiative in the program and dietetic community.’
- ‘Practice within the work setting aims to reduce gaps in effective clinical dietetic care.’
- ‘These waiting lists are for diagnostic procedures, treatments, and dietetic counselling, to name just a few.’
- ‘The accountability issue goes beyond the individual dietitian, and has an impact on the dietetic profession.’
Mid 16th century (as a noun in the sense ‘dietetics’): via Latin from Greek diaitētikos, from diaita ‘a way of life’.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.