One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘More research in America has now suggested it could also affect mental health, leaving dieters feeling grumpy, tired, apathetic and restless.’
- ‘Having discussed my position as the family's most successful dieter, I finished my third helping of lemon meringue pie, and finally agreed to escort Lisa out of there, picking up a microwave and toaster on the way out.’
- ‘Although the low-carb dieters lost more weight initially, one of the studies showed that after 12 months both groups had shed about the same number of pounds.’
- ‘I love nibbling and, despite always being on the larger side, I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life.’
- ‘But most dieters reach their plateau before they reach their goal, and many get discouraged when the thrill leaves before all the weight does.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.