One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The migration of uncharged particles towards the position of maximum field strength in a non-uniform electric field.
- ‘DEP traps can use either negative dielectrophoresis pushing cells away from the electrodes or positive dielectrophoresis pulling cells toward the electrodes.’
- ‘We demonstrate that electrodeless dielectrophoresis can be used for concentration and patterning of both single-strand and double-strand DNA.’
- ‘Our observation of trapping of small molecules suggests that dielectrophoretic trapping may be applicable to many small molecules, which has not been observed because of the methods used to study dielectrophoresis to date.’
- ‘We assign this trapping to strong dielectrophoresis due to the high electric field and electric field gradient in the pipette tip.’
- ‘The observation of flow to the tip during both half cycles is clear indication of an additional flow, which is believed to be due to dielectrophoresis.’
1950s: blend of dielectric and electrophoresis.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.