One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quantity measuring the ability of a substance to store electrical energy in an electric field.
- ‘This polarization effect can lead to a situation where water cannot be treated as a simple, homogenous, dielectric continuum with a dielectric constant of 80.’
- ‘On the other hand, a side-wall spacer on an outer side is made of a silicon-dioxide film, which is a dielectric having a small dielectric constant.’
- ‘A receiver then records the reflected energy returned from interfaces between materials with differing conductivity or dielectric constants.’
- ‘A distance-dependent dielectric constant was used for electrostatic interactions.’
- ‘We show that the boundary and its curvature are the crucial factors in determining how an ion's potential energy depends on the dielectric constants near an interface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.