One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I honestly thought it was diegetic, and therefore it actually made the scene more unsettling for me.’
- ‘A common question in your basic film analysis class is going to revolve around diegetic and non-diegetic sound.’
- ‘He returns to fulfil his role as an agent of connection at the end of the film, restoring order to the diegetic world.’
- ‘This distinction between the film's narrative, or diegetic, aims and its music led Harries, in a thoughtful Chronicle of Higher Education analysis of the film, to consider the extent to which the film's music is diegetic.’
- ‘Similarly, multi-channel playback systems could render the diegetic space of a conversation by moving dialogue from speaker to speaker as characters moved across screen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.