One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Similarly, multi-channel playback systems could render the diegetic space of a conversation by moving dialogue from speaker to speaker as characters moved across screen.’
- ‘A common question in your basic film analysis class is going to revolve around diegetic and non-diegetic sound.’
- ‘I honestly thought it was diegetic, and therefore it actually made the scene more unsettling for me.’
- ‘This distinction between the film's narrative, or diegetic, aims and its music led Harries, in a thoughtful Chronicle of Higher Education analysis of the film, to consider the extent to which the film's music is diegetic.’
- ‘He returns to fulfil his role as an agent of connection at the end of the film, restoring order to the diegetic world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.