One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Undergo death from natural causes.
- ‘He himself eliminated most of his wartime colleagues and survived to die in bed.’
- ‘While Charles II died in bed, his father had his head chopped off.’
- ‘She concentrates on the legal and political aspects of Augustus' role in transforming the Roman Republic into an Empire, two important aspects of life when one remembers that Augustus had the rare honour of dying in bed.’
- ‘Even if he does die in bed rather than in a noose, his last day is not far off.’
- ‘Politicians in modern liberal democracies confidently expect to die in bed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.