One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This type of leaf formation can be applied to monocotyledonous and dicotyledonous plants.’
- ‘Although GVG-regulated gene expression has been characterized extensively in dicotyledonous and monocotyledonous plants such as tobacco, Arabidopsis, and rice, it has not been tested in gymnosperms.’
- ‘Within the leaf sheath a certain amount of development can be expected: in contrast to dicotyledonous plants, chloroplast division and development can occur in the absence of light in barley.’
- ‘In many dicotyledonous leaves, parenchyma or sclerenchyma cells of the vascular bundle sheath extend to the epidermis on both leaf sides, forming the so-called bundle sheath extensions.’
- ‘In the leaf axils of most dicotyledonous trees well-developed buds are present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.