One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for dicotyledon
- ‘Conifers resemble monocots rather than dicots in leaf development.’
- ‘In a number of angiosperm species, mostly dicots, the endosperm is a transient structure that may be absorbed in the later stages of seed development.’
- ‘For herbaceous dicots and small woody shrubs we have used the same phenology as that for monocots.’
- ‘The checklist is divided into the following categories: ferns, gymnosperms, dicots, and monocots.’
- ‘Many proteins with similar properties have since been isolated from tobacco and other plant species, both dicots and monocots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.