One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(typically in an animal species) the occurrence of two different kinds of colouring.
- ‘One of the most conspicuous ornamental traits in avian sexual dichromatism is carotenoid-based plumage coloration.’
- ‘Collection of the goldfinches took place when plumage dichromatism between males and females is subtle.’
- ‘Sex of each chick at six weeks of age was recorded, when sexual plumage dichromatism became unambiguous.’
- ‘Extrapair paternity has been reported to be strongly positively associated with sexual dichromatism.’
- ‘In no case did we find a significant interaction between sexual dichromatism and year.’
2Colour blindness in which only two of the three primary colours can be discerned.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.