Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A poisonous, reactive gas made by the action of acids on some borides. It is the simplest of the boranes and is an example of electron-deficient bonding.
- ‘Using the 500 MHz radio frequency and optimizing the other parameters, we have proved experimentally that the component of the hydrogen ions becomes less than 0.1% with respect to the diborane ions’
- ‘The reactions of diborane and its alkyl- and aryl-derivatives with indefinite compounds are also analyzed.’
- ‘The similarity between the electronic structures of ethylene and diborane is well known.’
- ‘Chronic exposure to low concentrations of diborane may cause headache, light-headedness, fatigue, weakness in the muscles, and tremors.’
- ‘The reaction enthalpy at 298 K for the dissociation of diborane will be calculated with these methods and the resulting theoretical values for DH diss will be compared with experimental values.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.