One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of two atoms.‘only diatomic molecules are easy to study in this way, as larger molecules invariably fragment’
- ‘In a covalent diatomic molecule, a difference in the electronegativity of the atoms will result in a dipole moment.’
- ‘However, many elements appear as diatomic molecules, as a result of attraction between individual atoms.’
- ‘Many elements ordinarily occur as diatomic molecules, or molecules consisting of two atoms chemically bonded.’
- ‘A covalent compound is held together by covalent bonds (a covalent bond holds two atoms together to create diatomic molecules, such as H 2 or N 2.’
- ‘With these diatomic molecules, there is an Avogadro's number of diatomic molecules in the amount of gas that is equivalent to the relative molecular mass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.