One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for amylase
- ‘Mayer mucicarmine and periodic acid-Schiff with diastase staining demonstrated the presence of intracytoplasmic and luminal mucin (Figure, C).’
- ‘Five-micrometer sections were processed for routine histology and stained with hematoxylin-eosin, periodic acidSchiff with and without pretreatment with diastase, and Aldan blue.’
- ‘Histochemical stains (periodic acid-Schiff with and without diastase, Alcian blue at pH 2.5, and mucicarmine) were performed to characterize the nature of secretions.’
- ‘Known as malting, this procedure releases the enzyme diastase, which converts the starches in grain to maltose sugar.’
- ‘Periodic acid-Schiff with diastase and mucin stains were also negative.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek diastasis ‘separation’, from dia ‘apart’ + stasis ‘placing’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.