One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cholera is an acute diarrheal disease endemic to Africa, Asia, and Latin America.’
- ‘Other diagnoses included diarrhoeal disease, dengue fever, typhoid, pneumonia, urinary tract infection, brucellosis, acute myeloid leukaemia, and infectious mononucleosis.’
- ‘The high frequency of Mtz resistance in Indian H. pylori may reflect widespread and often indiscriminate use of Mtz in self-medication against parasitic infections and often minor diarrhoeal illness.’
- ‘The flight lasted eight hours, and the sick crew managed to confine their sickness and diarrhoeal episodes to the plane's toilets.’
- ‘Siti said babies and children were most vulnerable to lung infections, malaria, diarrheal diseases, cholera and measles, which usually emerge after floods.’
- ‘The report describes how all major infectious diseases including tuberculosis, malaria, AIDS, pneumonia, and diarrhoeal diseases are slowly becoming resistant to existing drugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.