One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sixtieth anniversary of a notable event, especially a sovereign's accession or the foundation of an organization.
- ‘We wish them health and happiness for the future and look forward to their diamond jubilee.’
- ‘The town hall clock was first rung on June 22, 1897 to mark the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria.’
- ‘The silver racehorse pepper pots, ridden by jockeys in the royal colours, are believed to have been commissioned to mark the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria.’
- ‘The live scenes at a battle front were enacted before an invited audience at the Pangode Military Centre the other day, by the 2 MAHAR Battalion, in connection with its diamond jubilee.’
- ‘To mark the completion of Kalki's diamond jubilee a day-long function has been planned by the Kalki group of magazines.’
- ‘Sister Monica Sloan, formerly of Glenloughan celebrated her diamond jubilee in Loughborough, England last week.’
- ‘St Marys College Ballisodare are producing a book commemorating their diamond jubilee and would like past pupils or anyone with old photos or articles to send them to the school office this December.’
- ‘Teresa and Denis Dillane, Chapel Street, Tarbert celebrated the diamond jubilee of their wedding on St Patrick's Day.’
- ‘The group wants to hear from anyone who used to be a member or remembers any of the circle's many events as it prepares to celebrate its diamond jubilee.’
- ‘Harry and Bess Truman did not reach their diamond jubilee.’
- ‘The first edition, published in 1987 to commemorate the school's diamond jubilee, was a humble, homemade type of book.’
- ‘City were scheduled to play against Joseph Rowntree School this afternoon to mark the school's diamond jubilee.’
- ‘A great great grandmother who was born one year after Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee is celebrating her 104th birthday.’
- ‘Within two years the band was back in the public eye as members played a fanfare from the top of Bretforton Church tower to mark the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria.’
- ‘The former President and long time staff member of St. Colman's College, Fr. Michael Lyons, will celebrate the diamond jubilee of his ordination to the priesthood on Friday 6th June.’
- ‘The group is now thriving again, planning to open a new cub pack and is already thinking about its diamond jubilee in 2008.’
- ‘A very private person, but with a huge capacity for pastoral concern and fair play, he celebrated the diamond jubilee of his priesthood on April 16 this year in a celebration surrounded by family and friends.’
- ‘The Trefoil Guild, which celebrates its diamond jubilee this year, has 25,000 members nationwide, more than 60 of whom meet in York every month.’
- ‘The book grew out of Riverside's desire to have a history on the anniversary of its diamond jubilee.’
- ‘It is about eight-foot high, topped by a lump of quartzite, and bears a plaque commemorating the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.