One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sixtieth anniversary of a significant event, especially a couple's wedding.‘Ernest and Marie will soon celebrate their diamond anniversary’‘the diamond anniversary of VE day’
- ‘The theatre couldn't have asked for a finer start to its diamond anniversary season.’
- ‘A party to mark their diamond anniversary is due to be held tomorrow.’
- ‘A local couple have real cause to celebrate tomorrow as they reach their diamond anniversary.’
- ‘We are very proud to join in the 60th Diamond anniversary celebrations of our marvellous League of Friends.’
- ‘There ought to be a law that only silver, golden, or diamond anniversaries be reported, not paper, wood, tin, or any other such nonsense.’
- ‘Among the plans for the diamond anniversary is the publication of a full-colour booklet about wildlife sites in Wharfedale.’
- ‘Everything from marriage rings, engagement bands, diamond anniversary bands, and more can all be located online.’
- ‘Diamond anniversaries are times for celebration, reflection and renewal.’
- ‘He came back to the church for the diamond anniversary.’
- ‘2012 marks the 60th year of Queen Elizabeth II's reign - her diamond anniversary as monarch of the British Commonwealth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.