One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound whose molecule contains two amino groups, especially when not part of amide groups.
- ‘Of all markers used, only high iron diamine / Alcian blue pH 2.5 and Alcian blue pH 0.5 were positive in the early carcinoma.’
- ‘Condensation polymers are usually formed between dibasic organic acids and dihydroxyalcohols or diamines.’
- ‘First, under normal conditions, dietary histamine is degraded in the intestine by mucosal diamine oxidase enzyme; this prevents histamine's entry into the circulation.’
- ‘The early intestinal-type carcinoma was negative for CDlO, MUC2, and MUC5AC but intensely positive for high iron diamine / AB pH 2.5 and for AB pH 0.5.’
- ‘Biological monitoring of isocyanate is possible using albumin adducts and their corresponding diamines in plasma and urine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.