One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The experts instructed those who wanted to participate in expeditions in methods of collection of dialectological materials and informants’ data as well as dialectologist's ethics.’
- ‘The influence of the old dialects can also still be discerned in regional variants of CSMG; I may attempt to use these current variants to support my dialectological research.’
- ‘All tapes were recorded between 1955 and 1965 in the course of regular dialectological expeditions.’
- ‘This makes no dialectological or sociolinguistic sense, and how far either choice actually reflected the true patterning even for a given unsystematic sample of judges would obviously depend entirely on where and how the sample was drawn.’
- ‘Roberts makes a rather obvious dialectological point, but it's one that is frequently lost on self-appointed guardians of good ‘grammar’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.