One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Roberts makes a rather obvious dialectological point, but it's one that is frequently lost on self-appointed guardians of good ‘grammar’.’
- ‘The experts instructed those who wanted to participate in expeditions in methods of collection of dialectological materials and informants’ data as well as dialectologist's ethics.’
- ‘The influence of the old dialects can also still be discerned in regional variants of CSMG; I may attempt to use these current variants to support my dialectological research.’
- ‘This makes no dialectological or sociolinguistic sense, and how far either choice actually reflected the true patterning even for a given unsystematic sample of judges would obviously depend entirely on where and how the sample was drawn.’
- ‘All tapes were recorded between 1955 and 1965 in the course of regular dialectological expeditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.