One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The occurrence of a feature or phenomenon in different geological periods.
- ‘Comparison of the thickness of lithostratigraphic units between sites appeared problematic because of the apparent diachronism of the lithostratigraphic boundaries and of the lateral changes of porosity.’
- ‘Therefore, this flexural model could provide an explanation for the above mentioned diachronism.’
- ‘The diachronism could be due to discontinuities in the vertical record of fossils.’
- ‘This is interpreted to reflect both diachronism in fault reactivation and variable distance from source area to sub-basin, causing variable delays between basin-margin faulting and clastic deposition in the basin.’
- ‘A typical example of diachronism would be a sequence of beds deposited in a shallow sea that gradually encroaches upon the land.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.