One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The occurrence of a feature or phenomenon in different geological periods.
- ‘A typical example of diachronism would be a sequence of beds deposited in a shallow sea that gradually encroaches upon the land.’
- ‘This is interpreted to reflect both diachronism in fault reactivation and variable distance from source area to sub-basin, causing variable delays between basin-margin faulting and clastic deposition in the basin.’
- ‘Therefore, this flexural model could provide an explanation for the above mentioned diachronism.’
- ‘The diachronism could be due to discontinuities in the vertical record of fossils.’
- ‘Comparison of the thickness of lithostratigraphic units between sites appeared problematic because of the apparent diachronism of the lithostratigraphic boundaries and of the lateral changes of porosity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.