Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for heroin
- ‘After cooling to room temperature, sodium carbonate is added to affect neutralization and to precipitate the crude diacetylmorphine (heroin).’
- ‘The presence of these 2 ions on a bank note would confirm the presence of diacetylmorphine, the major active component of heroin.’
- ‘In 1897, Felix Hoffmann, creator of aspirin, created diacetylmorphine.’
- ‘Evaluation of the contents of a glassine envelope found at the scene revealed diacetylmorphine (heroin).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.