Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for heroin
- ‘After cooling to room temperature, sodium carbonate is added to affect neutralization and to precipitate the crude diacetylmorphine (heroin).’
- ‘Evaluation of the contents of a glassine envelope found at the scene revealed diacetylmorphine (heroin).’
- ‘The presence of these 2 ions on a bank note would confirm the presence of diacetylmorphine, the major active component of heroin.’
- ‘In 1897, Felix Hoffmann, creator of aspirin, created diacetylmorphine.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.