One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Indian dish of meat or vegetables cooked with lentils and occasionally spinach.‘chicken dhansak’
- ‘On days of celebration there are foods such as dhansak, patrani macchi, sali murghi and meat pullao, which have been handed down for generations.’
- ‘And we're not just talking about dhansak, that famous Parsi preparation of brown rice and dal cooked with mutton and served with kachumber (a kind of salad).’
- ‘The most famous Parsi meat dish is dhansak, for which the meat is cooked with lentils, other legumes, and vegetables such as spinach, aubergine, and pumpkin.’
- ‘Just when you think you couldn't possibly see another choice, a new page opens up in the menu, hitting you with dhansak, dupiaza, madras and vindaloo.’
- ‘Fresh Bombay duck in Britannia & Co, an old Parsee restaurant near the docks, is soft and floppy unlike the dried up, salty stuff I remember chewing as a child and the mutton dhansak turns out to be goat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.