One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then all melted away dewily in the grey air: all was silent.’
- ‘She may be more dewily pretty than Margot Kidder, who played Lois Lane in the earlier pictures, but she lacks Kidder's sparky humor - she's not much fun.’
- ‘There is an undercurrent of unbridled sensuality in the dewily sweet ‘Roses,’ which opened the program presented by the Paul Taylor Dance Company on Thursday at City Center.’
- ‘Giant crab claws, great platters of seafood and fish, perfect fresh salads flown in daily, and dewily fresh tropical fruit are cooked and presented exquisitely.’
- ‘None of them are exquisitely beautiful or dewily delicious - they're all the generic, over-tanned inflatable doll types, and in Kendra's case, obviously none too bright.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.