Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove wax from.‘linoleum needs to be dewaxed using a strong solvent’
- ‘Before immunostaining, the slides were dewaxed and endogenous peroxidase activity was blocked with 0.45% hydrogen peroxide in 99% ethanol for 15 minutes.’
- ‘Sections were dewaxed in xylene and hydrated in ethanol.’
- ‘For M30 immunostaining, sections were cut, dewaxed, and hydrated as described herein.’
- ‘Paraffin sections were dewaxed in xylene, rehydrated through a series of graded alcohols, placed in 10mM citrate buffer, and submitted to heat retrieval using a vapor lock for 40 minutes.’
- ‘Briefly, the sections were dewaxed and then placed in 30% hydrogen peroxide solution to block endogenous peroxidase.’
- ‘To determine the net orientation of the cellulose wall microfibrils the longitudinal sections were dewaxed, mounted in DPX and examined under polarized light.’
- ‘Tissue sections were cut at 5 m, dewaxed, and hydrated in xylene and ethanol before antigen retrieval.’
- ‘After dewaxing in xylene and ethanol, the tissue was fixed in 2.5% glutaraldehyde followed by 1% osmium tetroxide.’
- ‘Slides were dewaxed, then incubated for 30 min in proteinase K at 37°C.’
- ‘Next, the sections were dewaxed and rehydrated, and then antigen retrieval was performed by microwaving slides in citrate buffer at pH 6.0.’
- ‘For DNA extraction, three 10 m sections were cut from paraffin blocks, dewaxed and dried in a vacuum.’
- ‘For immunostaining, the sections were mounted on sialinated slides, dewaxed, and hydrated.’
- ‘Paraffin tissue sections were placed on silane-coated slides, dewaxed, digested with proteinase K, and then hybridized to digoxigenin-labeled riboprobes.’
- ‘Sections from selected formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissue blocks were placed on coated slides, dewaxed and rehydrated routinely, and then washed in TdT buffer.’
- ‘Slides were then dewaxed and blocked with endogenous peroxidase.’
- ‘Two sections of each specimen were dewaxed in xylene for 10 minutes and rinsed thoroughly in absolute ethanol twice.’
- ‘Fifty-micrometer sections of paraffin-embedded, 10% neutral buffered formalin fixed tissues were dewaxed and rehydrated, and a whole nuclei prep was made by digesting with trypsin.’
- ‘Genomic DNA was extracted by dewaxing with xylene, proteinase K digestion, and phenol/chloroform extraction.’
- ‘These sections were then dewaxed in xylene and rehydrated in graded ethanols.’
- ‘Five-micrometer sections of paraffinembedded tissues were dewaxed, and antigen was retrieved by microwaving in 0.1M Tris buffer containing 0.15M sodium chloride and 0.1M potassium chloride at pH 7.4.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.