One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Menander was a skilful constructor of plots, an imaginative deviser of situations, and a master of variety and suspense.’
- ‘The ‘Northern Exposure’ project, according to its devisers, Box Architecture, was achieved ‘by the placement of three built forms creating six distinct spaces’ to manipulate light and provide functionality for a family home.’
- ‘The performers and devisers of the piece manipulate the glove puppets dressed in kabuki-style black costumes.’
- ‘As here, wily conference devisers make sure that the speakers and their works are going to be interesting so that everyone has a good time even if the topic gets only a token airing.’
- ‘In this Act ‘inventor’ in relation to an invention means the actual deviser of the invention and ‘joint inventor’ shall be construed accordingly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.