One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In modern times, they are generally alienable, devisable and inheritable.’
- ‘Other half interest is devisable by will or passes by succession under probate statutes.’
- ‘It follows from this that Loring, at the time of his death, had no devisable estate in the land, and that the heirs of his devisee cannot maintain this suit.’
- ‘An unknown proportion of the bequests of land in the Bedfordshire wills may refer to property which was devisable by custom: the Bedfordshire testators were not scrupulous about recording the tenure of the property they bequeathed.’
- ‘Most states now allow even inter vivos transfers and nearly all treat them as devisable by will.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.