One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When we each get up to our particular bit of crookery and deviousness we don't say, ‘I'm stealing or cheating’ we say ‘I'm beating the system.’’
- ‘When bad cops and crooks get together, the deviousness is doubled.’
- ‘In his later career as an American Indian agent he earned a reputation for deviousness and dishonesty.’
- ‘And they've been trying to shake off their reputation for sneakiness, deviousness, and just plain disgustingness, hoping for a new image in the 21st century.’
- ‘You can always get what you want by bribery and corruption, dishonesty and deviousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.