One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic variant of devilry
- ‘While I was shopping for them I thought I'd play double safe and pick up a bottle of omega 3 fish oil, just for the deviltry of it.’
- ‘So what does Mama think about the deviltry her boys are accused of having gotten into?’
- ‘Taking a script written by three first-timers, Harlin has crafted an expectation-confounding descent into dark hearts and the supernatural deviltry at which its title hints.’
- ‘Money, you think, is the sole motive to pains and hazard, deception and deviltry in this world.’
- ‘They are waiting for the long dark nights - it gives them more time for their deviltry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.