One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic variant of devilry
- ‘Money, you think, is the sole motive to pains and hazard, deception and deviltry in this world.’
- ‘Taking a script written by three first-timers, Harlin has crafted an expectation-confounding descent into dark hearts and the supernatural deviltry at which its title hints.’
- ‘They are waiting for the long dark nights - it gives them more time for their deviltry.’
- ‘While I was shopping for them I thought I'd play double safe and pick up a bottle of omega 3 fish oil, just for the deviltry of it.’
- ‘So what does Mama think about the deviltry her boys are accused of having gotten into?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.