Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A system of software and hardware designed to assist in the development of new software or products.
- ‘The approach presented here differs; it does not target a RT controller based on a proprietary development system.’
- ‘The Linux development system is not the problem; the vendor release schedule is the problem.’
- ‘SGI has released the source code for its high-end Open Inventor 3D graphics object-oriented application development system to the Linux and open source communities.’
- ‘With such a development system, the hope is that users can count on the usual stability associated with XFree 86.’
- ‘I wound up with all needed files on the DOS partition of my Linux development system.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.