Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Education aimed at giving an understanding of developing countries and their place in the global socio-economic situation.
- ‘Much more emphasis should be placed on development education according to Francis Brennan, Concern Debates organiser Mayo.’
- ‘As part of its development education programme, it brings teachers and pupils to Africa to live and learn the experience.’
- ‘College, Castlebar, on Tuesday night last, Mr. Brennan said the need for development education was greater now than ever before as more people lived in poverty and suffered injustice throughout the world.’
- ‘A call has been made on the Dept. of Education and Science to have development education placed on the school curriculum by Mr. Francis Brennan, Concern Debates organiser in Mayo.’
- ‘To learn more about CCA international development program and about development education activities in your region check their web site: www.coopcca.com.’
- ‘The leader development education systems should include training in nonlethal capabilities.’
- ‘The lesson from the schools is clear: development education should be done throughout all levels of schooling.’
- ‘‘The voluntary link group has worked long and hard, and this money will give the whole project the boost it needs,’ said Angie, a development education worker in Leeds.’
- ‘A development education information evening on life and work in Uganda will also take place in the same venue on Thursday, August 22 at 7.30 pm.’
- ‘The development education fund professionalised a group of activists who now no longer sharpen that cutting edge, and there has been a real loss of engagement with the public as a result.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.