Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Education aimed at giving an understanding of developing countries and their place in the global socio-economic situation.
- ‘College, Castlebar, on Tuesday night last, Mr. Brennan said the need for development education was greater now than ever before as more people lived in poverty and suffered injustice throughout the world.’
- ‘To learn more about CCA international development program and about development education activities in your region check their web site: www.coopcca.com.’
- ‘The leader development education systems should include training in nonlethal capabilities.’
- ‘A call has been made on the Dept. of Education and Science to have development education placed on the school curriculum by Mr. Francis Brennan, Concern Debates organiser in Mayo.’
- ‘A development education information evening on life and work in Uganda will also take place in the same venue on Thursday, August 22 at 7.30 pm.’
- ‘Much more emphasis should be placed on development education according to Francis Brennan, Concern Debates organiser Mayo.’
- ‘The lesson from the schools is clear: development education should be done throughout all levels of schooling.’
- ‘As part of its development education programme, it brings teachers and pupils to Africa to live and learn the experience.’
- ‘‘The voluntary link group has worked long and hard, and this money will give the whole project the boost it needs,’ said Angie, a development education worker in Leeds.’
- ‘The development education fund professionalised a group of activists who now no longer sharpen that cutting edge, and there has been a real loss of engagement with the public as a result.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.