One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This material was available to epibenthic consumers, although it was more diluted with other detrital matter with increasing down-estuary distance.’
- ‘These detrital sediments have, however, been investigated archaeologically only to a depth of less than five meters in any part of the Niger Delta.’
- ‘The variations in the observed detrital influx primarily indicate variable rates of weathering and erosion of terrestrial sediments associated with climate and sea-level fluctuations.’
- ‘Emergent macrophytes are a major source of organic matter production in freshwater wetlands, and often represent the bulk of the plant material entering the detrital pool.’
- ‘The provenance for the detrital material in the general region was to the east, in the continental arc, where magmatic and deformed lower Mesozoic rocks were exposed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.