One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Not because they offer us a service that is otherwise unavailable, but because they cultivate a sense of familiar determinacy that reduces conceit to humility.’
- ‘The spurious determinacy given the law at the level of the nation-state (because the state has all the guns and can enforce any decisions reached) is entirely absent at the level of geopolitics.’
- ‘Its function is to create the political climate necessary for a translation of the field of indeterminacy into one of determinacy (hegemony).’
- ‘This problem of stigma does not depend on determinacy as to whether those stigmatized are actually the ‘beneficiaries’ of racial discrimination.’
- ‘He revealed the limitations and contradictions of the technique, and the paradox that the results of total determinacy actually sound random, chaotic, and indeterminate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.