One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of becoming progressively worse.‘a deterioration in the condition of the patient’
worsening, decline, decay, collapse, failure, fall, drop, downturn, slump, slip, slide, stagnation, waning, ebb, retrogressiondecay, degradation, degeneration, breakdown, decomposition, rot, putrefaction, spoliation, perishingView synonyms
- ‘The images would be compared every year to detect any deterioration.’
- ‘Our society has almost sunk into abysmal moral degeneration and deterioration.’
- ‘To prevent such sudden deteriorations, it is considered preferable to keep patients in intensive care longer.’
- ‘Anti-freeze must be changed every two years due to the deterioration of the corrosion inhibitors.’
- ‘But if there is a deterioration in sales, Hunter will not be able to drop his offer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.