One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Apparently referring to detainment of suspected enemy combatants, he said the law reminds him of the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II.’
- ‘I spoke against the detainment of political prisoners, so they detained me and made me a political prisoner.’
- ‘Clearly the police have unique powers of arrest and detainment which no civilian should be able to imitate.’
- ‘How did the mayor justify the arrest and prolonged detainment of these individuals?’
- ‘The search resulted in the detainment of three insurgents who remain in custody.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.