One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The assassin sat looking at the police officers detachedly.’
- ‘Just silence, while the words sink and take their effect, while the bruise forms prematurely and I am busy detachedly noting the power of a sentence to destroy me.’
- ‘Second, Zeno imagines that by writing his memoirs he has been detachedly analysing, and thereby curing, himself.’
- ‘The luxury of consciously moving from the center to the margins and detachedly observing life from there while fulfilling his artistic potential is simply not available to Wittman.’
- ‘Now let us calmly attempt, without becoming involved in this dispute, to look detachedly upon the object of the dispute.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.