One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Just silence, while the words sink and take their effect, while the bruise forms prematurely and I am busy detachedly noting the power of a sentence to destroy me.’
- ‘Second, Zeno imagines that by writing his memoirs he has been detachedly analysing, and thereby curing, himself.’
- ‘Now let us calmly attempt, without becoming involved in this dispute, to look detachedly upon the object of the dispute.’
- ‘The luxury of consciously moving from the center to the margins and detachedly observing life from there while fulfilling his artistic potential is simply not available to Wittman.’
- ‘The assassin sat looking at the police officers detachedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.