One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be removed or separated from something.‘a shirt with a detachable collar’‘the detachable handles click on and off’
- ‘For example, in practice, is technology readily detachable from the organization of which it is part?’
- ‘The cables for the front bezel and speakers to be connected to the motherboard are detachable at their mid point.’
- ‘Included is a detachable keyboard weighing 420 grams for inputting longer texts.’
- ‘On rainy days, you can resort to the detachable battery pack.’
- ‘It too has an ergonomic, detachable shoulder strap.’
- ‘The unit is wall-mountable and there are detachable speakers.’
- ‘It has a stand-up collar with detachable hood, and a zipper with double storm flaps and Velcro closures.’
- ‘Volz filed a patent in September 1949 for a retractable tape rule in which the blade was detachable.’
- ‘The internet comes to your computer through a modem, a detachable box inside your computer.’
- ‘However, we were less than impressed by the detachable metal cover for the mono screen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.