One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be removed or separated from something.‘a shirt with a detachable collar’‘the detachable handles click on and off’
- ‘Included is a detachable keyboard weighing 420 grams for inputting longer texts.’
- ‘For example, in practice, is technology readily detachable from the organization of which it is part?’
- ‘The internet comes to your computer through a modem, a detachable box inside your computer.’
- ‘It too has an ergonomic, detachable shoulder strap.’
- ‘Volz filed a patent in September 1949 for a retractable tape rule in which the blade was detachable.’
- ‘The unit is wall-mountable and there are detachable speakers.’
- ‘It has a stand-up collar with detachable hood, and a zipper with double storm flaps and Velcro closures.’
- ‘On rainy days, you can resort to the detachable battery pack.’
- ‘However, we were less than impressed by the detachable metal cover for the mono screen.’
- ‘The cables for the front bezel and speakers to be connected to the motherboard are detachable at their mid point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.