One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Kay suggests that geomagnetic storms act as a precipitant in susceptible individuals through desynchronisation of pineal circadian rhythms or via an effect on serotonergic and adrenergic systems.’
- ‘Jet lag is due to the desynchronisation between various body rhythms and environmental rhythms.’
- ‘Shiftwork frequently causes a desynchronization between the sleep-wake cycle, light-darkness rhythm, and other endogenous biological rhythms.’
- ‘This is probably caused by internal desynchronization of clock gene cyclings within a given individual animal.’
- ‘With cardiac resynchronisation the desynchronisation of the heart contractions caused by electrical pulse disorders are minimised, and so the heart recovers part of its normal function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.