Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A container for reducing the temperature of steam to make it less superheated.
- ‘Since adequate steam velocities were not maintained, installation of Pipeline desuperheaters was ruled out.’
- ‘A desuperheater is an attachment to your air conditioner or heat pump that allows waste heat from that device to help heat domestic water.’
- ‘Steam desuperheaters are used for reducing and controlling the temperature of a steam flow.’
- ‘With the installation of a desuperheater, the GHP can be used to heat the home's water.’
- ‘Packless CDAX Series desuperheaters are constructed in a compact helical design.’
- ‘When water heating is needed, the desuperheater, and not the lower element, will provide almost all of the heat.’
- ‘These are different from heat pump desuperheaters (discussed below) that provide hot water only as a side benefit of space conditioning.’
- ‘In most cases, a desuperheater consists of a Venturi in which steam is accelerated and water is injected.’
- ‘A spray liner assembly is supported in a pressurized desuperheater header of a steam boiler.’
- ‘Since ordinary desuperheaters lack any mixing module a long pipe length is specified downstream to complete the contacting of water and steam.’
- ‘In the winter, desuperheaters can also reduce your hot water bills by preheating water.’
- ‘Built-in desuperheaters are common on geothermal heat pumps and can be used with standard heat pumps.’
- ‘At high flows, where no excess water is required, the unit operates as a steam atomizing desuperheater.’
- ‘Therma-stor looks interesting because it provides 120 gal combo desuperheater with conventional electrical backup to eliminate need for separate preheat tank.’
- ‘Additionally, it is acceptable and even advantageous to have an elbow between it and the desuperheater.’
- ‘Most desuperheaters cool superheated steam by spraying a fine mist of liquid water directly into the steam flow.’
- ‘When hot water is withdrawn from the water heater during peak usage and there is no demand for space heating or cooling, a partial water heating or desuperheater system would generate no hot water.’
- ‘A number of important considerations need to be taken into account when installing desuperheaters.’
- ‘The tests examined steam conditioning valves and desuperheaters at four different Swedish pulp and paper mills.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.