Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Selectively remove stain from (a specimen for microscopy, a chromatography gel, etc.) after it has previously been stained.‘after destaining the gel was dried and then apposed to X-ray film’
- ‘We stained the gels in 0.1% Coomassie blue for 1 h and destained them in a 40% methanol and 10% acetic acid solution overnight.’
- ‘Gels were stained in ethidium bromide, destained in water, and photographed over a UV transilluminator.’
- ‘Papanicolaou staining and destaining do not interfere with indirect IS-PCR for HPV DNA detection.’
- ‘The gel was stained with ethidium bromide for 30 min and subsequently destained for 3 hr.’
- ‘The gels were stained with Coomassie blue, destained, and dried, then analyzed by autoradiography overnight at - 80 deg C.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.