One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Selectively remove stain from (a specimen for microscopy, a chromatography gel, etc.) after it has previously been stained.‘after destaining the gel was dried and then apposed to X-ray film’
- ‘Papanicolaou staining and destaining do not interfere with indirect IS-PCR for HPV DNA detection.’
- ‘The gels were stained with Coomassie blue, destained, and dried, then analyzed by autoradiography overnight at - 80 deg C.’
- ‘Gels were stained in ethidium bromide, destained in water, and photographed over a UV transilluminator.’
- ‘We stained the gels in 0.1% Coomassie blue for 1 h and destained them in a 40% methanol and 10% acetic acid solution overnight.’
- ‘The gel was stained with ethidium bromide for 30 min and subsequently destained for 3 hr.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.