One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet the match descended despondently back into a dark slumber until injury-time was upon us.’
- ‘He shook his head despondently: ‘Where did all that pension money go anyway?’
- ‘The sun will be rising in an hour or so, even although you can't tell from down here,’ he said, looking despondently out the window.’
- ‘He scanned his room despondently, trying to access the damage and realized dejectedly that it would take him hours to clean the shambled mess.’
- ‘It has actually become very common - despondently, depressingly, unbearably common.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.