One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The prelate indicated that even his own guileless grandchildren may become despoilers of the planet unless today's adults act responsibly.’
- ‘But the challenge will be to bring the urban voter in particular, along with us, so that they realise that various popular images they might have, be it of the noble farmer or be it of the farmer as an environmental despoiler are wrong.’
- ‘The city is being given to the despoilers, speculators, land mafia and vandals.’
- ‘I feel badly let down by the council who should be the guardians of an important conservation area, not its despoiler.’
- ‘Radical environmentalists sidestep the question by declaring the despoilers of wilderness the ‘real terrorists.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.