One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One of the odd dangers of the sin of reactionary dissent is that, over time, you can become the sacrament despiser that you set out to oppose.’
- ‘The sociological truism is that a societal order is shored up by its legitimations, which provide the defenses against its despisers.’
- ‘For the tyrannical despiser of men popularity is the token of the highest love of mankind.’
- ‘A despiser of Western religions, he was an ardent polygamist, convinced that promiscuity was man's natural birthright.’
- ‘So while this work is unlikely to move ‘troubled friends and educated despisers,’ it will benefit pastors, church discussion groups, and first-year theology classes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.