One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One of the odd dangers of the sin of reactionary dissent is that, over time, you can become the sacrament despiser that you set out to oppose.’
- ‘So while this work is unlikely to move ‘troubled friends and educated despisers,’ it will benefit pastors, church discussion groups, and first-year theology classes.’
- ‘For the tyrannical despiser of men popularity is the token of the highest love of mankind.’
- ‘The sociological truism is that a societal order is shored up by its legitimations, which provide the defenses against its despisers.’
- ‘A despiser of Western religions, he was an ardent polygamist, convinced that promiscuity was man's natural birthright.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.