One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I believe these brave young men and women have been treated despicably by our Government.’
- ‘Instead he was treated despicably and I hope whoever is nominated to take over will not have to go through that same sort of public humiliation.’
- ‘Their bleating about their efforts regarding problem gambling are absolutely, completely and utterly, despicably hypocritical.’
- ‘But this inspiring and moving parallel demonstrates yet again why he is so very, and despicably, wrong.’
- ‘But out of sheer determination and a refusal to get dragged down by such despicably anti-social behaviour, they enjoyed the good times and battled through the bad times.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.