One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sally begged and there was desperateness in her tone.’
- ‘And then we looked at each other for just a moment, one still moment, before the desperateness took over and we were clinging to each other as tightly as we dared.’
- ‘She looked at him, a hint of desperateness in her eyes.’
- ‘She showed the desperateness of suffering, a woman's incredible patience with injustice and finally, a lowbrow grace that is not common in a world filled with pretensions.’
- ‘Frustration and desperateness filled his eyes and he fell back onto the pillow, looking more desperate then ever.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.