One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘My idea, when I began this chapter, was to say something about desperadoism in the ‘flush times’ of Nevada.’
- ‘The mines of California and the Rockies; the cattle of the Great Plains -- write the story of these and you have much of the story of Western desperadoism.’
- ‘The government should put in place a strong security force, special forces as well as civilian clothed officers to check mate this malicious act of desperadoism.’
- ‘Its inhabitants number about three thousand, and in its quality as terminus of an unfinished railroad it has that flavor of desperadoism which usually attaches to positions of that kind.’
- ‘Many good people moved to Texas at this time, but the bad ones, combining forces with homegrown scoundrels, caused an outbreak of desperadoism that was hard to put down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.