One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One cried despairingly, ‘How can I keep this railroad operating if you take away all my skilled workers?’’
- ‘His wife despairingly asks, ‘What is it that you want?’’
- ‘But this socializing is a heavy task,’ he says, a little despairingly.’
- ‘The incomprehensible fact that not everybody's vehicle on planet Earth is powered by this super-efficient waste product of the oil-refining process would doubtless prompt him to shake his head despairingly again.’
- ‘‘It's just a job,’ he cries despairingly, throwing his arms in the air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.