One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sure, there were the people talking in the streets and the other's hawking their wares, but most of the population wandered desolately down the streets in an ominous silence.’
- ‘We pass signs, neon signs stacked upon neon signs, and desolately quiet cul-de-sacs where dim square windows of light hint a little of lives tucked neatly in apartments, hidden out of sight.’
- ‘‘I wish I could speak to her,’ Tamora whispered desolately.’
- ‘‘Take it easy, I'm over it,’ she said softly, desolately.’
- ‘I still remember a lover's quarrel last February when I'd walked desolately along Madison Avenue, only to come across a small crowd gathered around the store.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.